LEED v3 BD+C (Core & Shell) Platinum
Managed by the German real-estate titan ECE, leader in the sector, the LEED® certified shopping center is characterized by an overall area of approximately 47,000 m² occupied by different commercial activities (130 shops, and an area entirely dedicated to food distribution) developed on two floors above ground. There are also 92,000 m² of parking spaces distributed over 2 underground floors: for all these reasons, this is the first shopping center in Italy equipped with LEED® Platinum certification according to the LEED® Core and Shell v2009 rating system .
The LEED® certified Shopping Centre is characterized by very high sustainability performances on different application fields, in fact the building envelope exceeds the minimum regulatory thermal performance requirement by 20%.
Sustainable mobility has been promoted thanks to optimal access to public transport and eight charging points for electric vehicles.
LEED® Platinum certified for LEED® Core and Shell 2009
Ventilation + Heat recovery
High efficient façade
Water-saving sanitary appliances
Low-emitting materials and finishes
High efficient lighting
The Vas Verona Adige shopping Centre s.r.l. has been awarded LEED® Platinum certification from the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) under Core and Shell 2009 rating system.
This was possible thanks to different strategies, from leveraging site advantages to innovative designs to reducing energy demand, using sustainable construction techniques, selecting sustainable materials and more.
Among the sustainable construction and design features of the buildings include:
- Alternative forms of transportation through proximity to mass transportation are encouraged, furthermore charging
points for electric vehicles are provided.
- Building products were procured from local and regional manufacturers within 800 km of the project site
- Materials with high level of recycled content have been selected
- In order to reduce energy consumption high efficient and well performing envelope has been designed
- natural daylight has been maximized and LED high efficient lighting systems have been installed
- In order to reduce the energy load for heating, high efficient heat recovery systems are fitted on air-handling units to
recuperate heat from the exhausted air and to reuse it to the supplied air.
- High-reflective “cool roof” materials protect against the urban heat island effect and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
In addition, light-colored paving materials was also specified to further minimize the heat island effect.
- Healthy indoor finishes and paintings with low and zero VOC (volatile organic compound) content are selected for the
- Water is saved by means of water efficient bathroom fixtures and faucets.
- Photovoltaic and solar system have been adopted.
296.00 KW/m² (93.832 KBtu/ft²)
Annual carbon footprint:
N/A (N/A )
Min. temperature =
Max temperature =
No product info available
ECE Projektmanagement srl , Michele Segala
CDS Costruzioni Spa, Erbusco (BS)